Property Insurance

We offer a range of property insurance covers including building insurance, contents insurance, landlord insurance and commercial property insurance.

Commercial Property Insurance / Material Damage Insurance – For all businesses, including property owner insurance and landlord insurance

Material damage insurance provides cover against most risks to your tangible property, such as, buildings insurance, contents insurance, plant and machinery, computers, stock, tools, etc. Sums insured need to be set based on the cost of replacement with new, excluding stock. This is called reinstatement cover and therefore, the sums insured need to reflect this. Stock is insured on an indemnity basis, which means it will be the cost of replacement at the time of the loss, excluding any profit element.

The widest material damage cover that is potentially available for commercial property is All Risks which covers any loss or damage not otherwise excluded in the insurance policy, including accidental damage. If a policy is based on standard perils, this can include:

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption cover aims to place an insured business in the same financial position it would have been had it not been for the occurrence of a material damage loss, such as a flood or fire. This type of cover is, therefore, a critical form of protection for any business.

Business interruption insurance consists of the loss of anticipated profit during the period of indemnity which the insured would have earned had the insured incident not occurred, the continuing expenditure to which the business is committed irrespective of whether the business is trading normally and the increased cost of working necessary to maintain the business as far as possible and recover as quickly as possible from the effects of damage.

Business interruption cover only applies following a material damage loss via a clause called the Material Damage Proviso. There are a few exceptions which can be included in a policy under a Material Damage Proviso Waiver for interruptions to the business caused by incidents outside its control, such as:

As a business interruption insurance policy deals with the intangible, there is usually a formula proposed in the schedule of the insurance policy. Calculating the sum insured, the indemnity period and many other factors means that business interruption insurance can be complex to arrange correctly, to avoid underinsurance and the potential reduction of a claim. This is why the expert team at RS Risk Solutions are here to help you, so please call us to discuss these critically important insurance covers.

Material Damage and Business Interruption Claims Management

Managing material damage and business interruption claims following an insured incident can create even greater levels of complexity for an already over-burdened business, which is why RS Risk Solutions recommend Loss Recovery Insurance.  Loss Recovery Insurance offers you access to expert teams of loss adjusters who will work with you throughout a period of disruption caused by an insured loss They will help you manage your claim, negotiate with the insurers and the insurer’s nominated loss adjusters and help you get your business back on its feet as soon as possible. Talk to the team at RS Risk Solutions about arranging Loss Recovery Insurance.

Goods in Transit Insurance

Please refer to our goods in transit page for more information. Click here for more info

Insurance for Unoccupied and Non-Standard Property

Unoccupied Commercial Property Insurance

Insurance cover for unoccupied commercial property can be difficult to obtain. However, the team at RS Risk Solutions works with a number of expert property insurers who provide insurance covers which are designed for commercial buildings which are going to be standing empty for a length of time. This insurance generally provides cover for loss or damage resulting from fire, theft, cost of evicting squatters and vandalism. Certain perils may be only be available for payment of an additional premium and / or may be restricted or excluded, such as, flood, subsidence or damage caused by leaking water pipes, tanks or systems. Speak to us about water tracking systems – we will be happy to help provide more information.

Non-Standard Property Insurance

Some businesses are involved in complex or hazardous work often find it difficult to obtain the insurance cover you need. We have strong relationships with specialist insurers and would be happy to discuss your requirements. Please give us a call.

Livestock Insurance

Contact us regarding your property, land and livestock insurance requirements. Working with specialist insurers, RS Risk Solutions can arrange all risks cover for both your herds or specified animals only across a range of perils, including animal diseases.

Commercial and Residential Landlord’s Insurance

We can arrange your commercial landlord insurance working with our specialist insurance panel. Most insurance packages for commercial landlords include either as standard or as optional extras* the following:

Loss Recovery Insurance

The team at RS Risk Solutions will always be at your side at a time of loss.

Claims can be both complex and disruptive to you and your business or your home. RS Risk Solutions want to make this challenging time as smooth and seamless as possible, which is why we recommend to our clients that they purchase Loss Recovery Insurance (LRI).

If RS Risk Solutions has arranged home or commercial Loss Recovery Insurance for your property and/or business interruption and/or cyber claims, the insurer will provide to you an expert Loss Adjuster who acts for you throughout the process – helping you to prepare and negotiate your claim with your insurers. They offer a 24/7 helpline and will get to work immediately on your behalf.

Property Insurance Solutions
RS Risk Solutions Logo

If you would like advice or a quotation please contact us.

We are an independent and regulated UK insurance broker predominantly supporting clients in:
London and the South East including: Surrey, Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Ashford, Bexhill, Brighton, Caterham, Chatham, Copthorne, Crawley, Crowborough, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Eastbourne, Edenbridge, Forest Row, Gillingham, Gravesend, Hastings, Haywards Heath, Heathfield, Horley, Horsham, Hove, Kingston upon Thames, Leatherhead, Lewes, Lingfield, Maidstone, Newhaven, Oxted, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Seaford, Sevenoaks, Sutton, Swanley, Tonbridge, Uckfield, Woking, Worthing

RS Risk Solutions Logo

Request a callback

By providing the above information you consent to RS Risk Solutions Limited contacting you by any of the methods that you have provided details for. We will process this information in accordance with our privacy notice.

RS Risk Solutions uses cookies to monitor the performance of this website and improve user experience. To find out more about cookies, what they are and how we use them, please see our privacy notice, which also provides information on how to delete cookies from your hard drive.